Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Borat!

So I guess I have to wite this one now... Oki, I should be cleaning my room and some stuff, but hey, I don't want to. So Borat it is. The movie could be described as a "mockumentary" I guess, and it is best enjoyed if you get into a "just for laughs" state of mind. Otherwise you will find yourself, like me, constantly wondering what's staged and what is not. But the movie really is funny, albeit not worth the insane hype that surrounds it. Sasha Cohen really must have good karma ore something, for this movie has gotten way more than it's share of the worlds attention. So I'm an going to ignore the hype and any of the fuzzy political discusssion, like how the Kazacstani(and I doubt that's the way it's spelled...) government responds to the movie and so forth. So what's good about "Borat" then? Quite a lot infact. My favourite sequense would be at the car dealership, "What kind of car would attract a woman with a shaved vagina?" (I think that's how the line went. The cardealer(whom is not in on the plot or possibly; the film) responds quicly. "That would be the Corvette. Or a hummer." It's funny bechause it's true, smirk. And don't do that feminist thingy about me (and the movie) beeing condescending towards women, there are women out there who has a corvette on their "things I need in a man" list, and that's not my fault, I choose not to identefy myself with that brand of women and I am free to make fun of it all I want, hah! And the movie is condescending towards women, in a "this is what we think people in backyard part of the world is like" kind of roundabout way. I don't care, it's comedy, so much infact that any kind of "message" the movie might be trying to deliver get's lost in the laughing. After all, there's naked wrestling, crazy americans, a lot of desillution, and Pamela stuffed in a marrigesack. "Complience not necceseary" became my Lawyerboys favourite tagline from the movie, my own would be "That would be the Corvette. Or the Hummer", not so much the sentence, but the way it's said in the movie, it's like it's a standard part of the salespitch(chills down my spine, while I'm laughing, strange indeed)... And there are many more, this is one of those whom comes with a prefabricated set of inside jokes, great fun if you're in on it, not so much if you're not. Should you go see Borat? Sure, allthoug you might as well wait for the dvd, get some friends together, buy some beers(or whatever's your preferance for comedyincreasing substances), and have a lot of laughs, and I do mean rolling on the couch until you fall off it kind of laughs. I recomend it for fun, but if you want cinematic history, ignore the hype and get yourself some "The Departed". I promise you will not regret it, that one you should be lining up for my little minions. Yes, I know I promised not to use that word again... Haha, my blog, my constantly changing set of rules! Queen in my realm...

Miramuffin says: Have a fun tuesday, if that's even possible, tonight I'm catching the new Bondflick. And I do love me some Bond every once in a while, even if my Bond will always and forever be Sean Connery, the man's man himself. I'll give Daniel Craig a fair shot, like I have given them all, exept George Lazenby, a talented realestate agent and the worst Bond of all time, the man whom almost killed the series. Go out and be free, have some fun, you know you deserve it, and even if you don't, making up excuses to have fun anyway can be fun in itself... Hugzes:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home